Are you one of those who have never touched a computer? Do you ever wonder what they can do and how to use it? Well, you have come to the right place. Here you will see an overview of computers. You will see what they are, what they can do for you and the different types and brands.
What are computers?
A computer is an electronic device that controls information or data. It can store, retrieve and process data. It performs tasks or calculation in accordance with a set of instructions or programs. The earlier electronic computers were huge and needed a team of people to operate it. However, computers have evolved amazingly. Today they are very much faster and they can fit into desktops, your lap and even inside your pocket.
What can computers do?
- You can connect it to the Internet.
- You can use your word processor to write documents, reports or letters. It will help check spelling and grammar errors in your documents. You can create flyers, handouts and other types of pages and you can attach graphics or images.
- You can use your spreadsheet to create listings of statistics, numerical values and contact information.
- You can learn more about different subjects because modern computers have lots of programs such as dictionaries, maps, language and geography.
- You can play games. It has different games for different age groups.
- You can listen to music or create your own music. You can listen to an Internet radio.
- You can look at pictures, import pictures or create your own picture.
- You can watch videos or even create your own movies. You can also watch TV on your computer.
- You can store your personal information and contacts electronically and share it with friends.
- You can chat, video chat or send text messages on your computer.
- You can email letters and other documents to people who are many miles away. You can attach annexes or images.
- You can use your computer to control appliances and lights in your home.
There are lots of things you can do on your computer. You need not be afraid because all computers are user-friendly. If you do not know, you can always click on help, and you will be guided, step by step. Or better still you can go to the Internet and find a tutorial program to teach you.